[TxMt] command with osascript stalls

Quinn Comendant quinn at strangecode.com
Sun Mar 26 05:29:35 UTC 2006

This is either a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I've created a bundle
command with the following line:

osascript -e 'tell application "TextMate"' -e 'set bounds of window 1 to
{640, 1, 1279, 832}' -e 'set bounds of window 2 to {1, 1, 640, 832}' -e
'end tell';

TextMate beachballs until I run 'killall osascript' in the terminal. If
I run the above line in the terminal directly, it works as expected. Is
there some kind of break in the chain of Command -> Shell -> Applescript
-> TextMate?

Can anybody think of a better way to emulate BBEdit's "Arrange Windows"
command?

Thanks,
Quinn