[TxMt] Re: Themes, LaTeX and such

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 22 13:43:13 UTC 2006

On Mar 22, 2006, at 6:30 AM, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> I never thought I could work with a dark background, now I can't
> work with a white :)
>
> Suggestions on a tutorial would probably be just a slight cover of
> scopes so people who don't know about it get the general idea, then
> a solid walkthrough where you begin with a template theme and use
> the getScope to find the scope and then just fill in colours.

If you want to go a bit more advanced, maybe on a later tutorial, you
could mention how using scopes "text.latex meta.group.braces
meta.group.braces keyword.operator.braces" and "text.latex
meta.group.braces meta.group.braces meta.group.braces
keyword.operator.braces" you could get different nesting levels of
braces in LaTeX to be colored differently. Makes things much easier
to read. :)

> So basically, I think the best thing you can do is supply a theme
> template and then just show users how to fill it in.
>
> Andreas

Haris