[TxMt] TextMate selectively refuses to open files.

Josh DiMauro josh at metacarpal.net
Sun Mar 19 21:53:20 UTC 2006

On Mar 18, 2006, at 8:55 PM, Josh DiMauro wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2006, at 8:04 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> On 18/3/2006, at 20:55, Josh DiMauro wrote:
>>
>>> [...] You get a blank tab. Clicking on that tab _does_ display
>>> the file:
>>
>> I think what happens here is that an exception is thrown somewhere
>> in the “load/setup file” phase, which is causing the strange
>> behavior.
>>
>> If you open Console.app you will be able to see if such exception
>> was thrown and what it is named (please quote it here).
>
> Yup. When opening a *.php file or trying to edit from Safari, I get:
>
> 2006-03-18 20:42:08.382 TextMate[14497] *** -[NSCFDictionary
> setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value

Okay, so far I've managed to duplicate the breaking of PHP files a
second time, but not reliably.

So far as I can tell, the trigger is "Edit with Textmate" from an FTP
server in Transmit, but what conditions specifically cause it to
break, I'm uncertain.

Once I've gotten it to break, it always throws an exception when
opening a .php file.

Replacing the preferences with a clean backup file always fixes the
problem.

It's the breaking that seems to be a hit-or-miss affair. Which makes
sense, because it would have been fixed by now if it were common. :)

In any case, TextMate is running and I've got a backup prefs file for
fixing it in the future.

Cheers,
--
Josh DiMauro