[TxMt] Reformat paragraph inserting spaces

Matthew Gilbert gilbert at voxmea.net
Mon Mar 20 23:10:27 UTC 2006

I use reformat paragraph a lot for reStructuredText. Normally the
text is not indented so reformat paragraph works well. However, for
lists and other things that are indented, reformat paragraph works
unexpectedly. When I reformat a paragraph that is indented by a
single tab the indented text is indented with spaces. So, the first
line still contains the tab I inserted, but subsequent lines are
indented with spaces. This of course causes issues with the reST parser.

My question, is this something I've screwed up in my settings or is
this expected behavior? I expected whatever indent I started with to
be copied to subsequent lines. Nothing turned up when I searched the
mailing list. Any help is appreciated. Thanks _matt