[TxMt] Combining themes

William Bumgarner bbum at mac.com
Thu Mar 16 05:53:59 UTC 2006

I'm just now playing with TextMate for the first time and, of course,
had to futz with themes a bit to get to my preferred light-on-dark
kinda coding environment....

Question:  How do you tell what scope is under the cursor?

I found that I really liked Vibrant Ink, but it lacked scope
definitions for Objective-C and some of the other modes I end up
dealing with.  However, the built in Espresso Libre did a pretty good
job otherwise.  Since copy/paste didn't work in the Prefs pane
(Feature! Feature!), I ended up copying the various random settings
elements from one plist to the other.

Being too lazy to actually sort out the dupes, I wrote a wee bit of
python (you'll need PyObjC) that rips through the resulting plist and
eliminates duplicate settings (names only).

http://svn.red-bean.com/bbum/trunk/hacques/TextMate/

It is dumb.  It should normalize by scope.  I should fix that.
Actually, it really is broken -- it really should normalize by
scope.  Ah, well.. it'll limp along enough for now.

b.bum