[TxMt] too much space in pasting?

Kearney Buskirk kearney at lightthrumedia.com
Wed Mar 15 21:01:04 UTC 2006

Hi Folks

Let me begin by making clear that I'm not a programmer - I'm trying
out TextMate in HTML production, which may or may not be advisable. I
have been using TextWrangler for this purpose.

The problem I'm having is too much space is being inserted before and
after what is actually being copied and pasted, like at least a
couple of words length on each end.  And that's making messy code.
I'm copying out of Dreamweaver and pasting into TextMate.
TextWrangler doesn't make this mistake. What am I not understanding?

I would prefer to use TextMate - text and code are easier to read and
the overall design of this app looks quite advanced to me. I might
use it for ActionScript in the future but I probably won't be using
90% of the features.

This app is not very accessible to non-programmers. Maybe that's how
you prefer it. Some beginning and mid-level tutorials and/or movies
would help a lot. The manual is more like a reference book, rather
than showing it in application. Just to say you might get better
adoption of this beautiful app with better teaching of it.

Kearney Buskirk