[TxMt] Using TM to View Source in Safari

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Mar 14 21:58:34 UTC 2006

On 14/3/2006, at 22:37, Caio Chassot wrote:

>> You can view source in Safari and then use the edit in TextMate
>> command (ctrl-cmd-e). Best, Mark
> I can't use ctrl-cmd-e at all. Any pointers? Is it supposed to be a
> service?

There was a service long ago, but since it locked the calling
application, it was not always useful (since calling it from a
browser made the browser unusable while editing the text).

So now there is an input manager [1]. This is generally better, but
still not perfect (see the install instructions for caveats).

As Kevin implied, it does indeed check if the text field is read-
only, and does not work in that case. This is the intended behavior,
but not desired by all users, I know.

[1] http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
using_textmate_from_terminal#cocoa_text_fields