[TxMt] TextMate and TeXniscope - Fails opening pdf

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 13 04:25:51 UTC 2006

On Mar 12, 2006, at 6:53 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> If you would send me examples of those errors that TextMate chops
> off, I will be glad to fix the bugs in my script that produces the
> html output from latex.

I don't have any in mind at the moment, but I will send you when I
encounter them.
One example is for instance, that if I misspell a LaTeX command, it
will silently ignore it and compile, with no messages, while if I was
compiling from the command line it would have waited for my input,
with something like:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.6 ...deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. \singf
                                                   {2}

That {2} is supposed to be vertically positioned right below and to
the right of \singf, the actual sentence in the document being:

deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. \singf{2}

In this case no error is reported (at least in my system). In other
situations where it is reported, one doesn't usually get to see all
three lines. I'll send you a more specific example when I have one.

> Brad

Haris