[TxMt] TextMate and TeXniscope - Fails opening pdf

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Sun Mar 12 23:43:51 UTC 2006

> huh, you are right it is still broken. Not much we can do though I
> think, other than avoid spaces in the path name of the file. It
> seems to be in TeXniscope's hands. I emailed the developer, and if
> we are lucky he might have a workaround to suggest.

Howdy.

First off, Charis: Thanks for those LaTeX screen casts ... gave me
the gumption to finally stop being lazy and give LaTeX a try over the
weekend ... was able to use it to actually submit a project -- even
though I burned like an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't
compile a few times .. sometimes the error messages aren't so handy ;-)

Second .. maybe more on topic .. is there any way we could use
TeXShop as the LaTeX previewer ... since I'm pretty sure it deals w/
pdfsync, might be something to look into.

I did a quick search in the archive and found someone talking about
just using the Tiger pdfsearch instead of pdfsync -- not sure exactly
if that superscedes pdfsync in that I like the ctrl-cmd-shift-o
shortcut to jump to the current place from your textmate doc to the
TeXniscope pdf .. maybe it does, I have no idea.

Otherwise, the no-space-document-path + TeXniscope is working for me
in the meanwhile, though I like the fact that TeXShop is universal.

cheers,
-steve