[TxMt] Getting to end of selection in macro

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 23:20:09 UTC 2006

I am working on an macro in which the selected text will be filtered
through one command and then all the text after the selection will be
filtered through another command. After the first command is
finished, the transformed text is selected, and I need to deselect it
and put the caret immediately after it. I had thought that hitting
the right arrow key would do the trick, but found out [that doesn't
always work][1]. Is there a foolproof way of getting the caret to
land right after the selection?

And while I'm asking questions, two more:

1. Is there a way for a command to call a macro?

2. Can a macro be made to behave differently depending on whether
text is selected or not?

[1]: http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2006-March/
008901.html

--