[TxMt] find in project text field

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Mar 3 18:03:40 UTC 2006

On 3/3/2006, at 18:56, Trevor Harmon wrote:

>> Do you know command-E?
> Interesting. Is there any functional difference between Command-E +
> Command-F and Command-C + Command-F + Command-V? The latter seems
> so simple that I was surprised to see a built-in command that
> replicates it only to save one keystroke...

Often you would do: cmd-C, cmd-F, cmd-V, return. Instead you can do
cmd-E, cmd-G. So you save 2 key strokes, you do not lose the contents
of your clipboard _and_ you do not need to use cmd-G in the same
application.

For example if Console, Terminal, Mail, Safari or similar have
something you want to search for in your sources, press cmd-E in that
application, and cmd-G in TM vice versa. It also works nicely with
Quicksilver’s queries, in that the default text there is what’s on
the shared find clipboard.

But in the simple case, it is functionally equivalent to pasting the
selection in the find dialog.