[TxMt] Growl instead of tool tips

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Mar 2 22:09:25 UTC 2006

On 2/3/2006, at 20:42, Duane Johnson wrote:

> How about supporting the new CocoaDialog 2.0 "bubble" dialog[1]?
> If it could be tied in to work with Growl, that would be a nice way
> to make a standard status information box with optional growl support.

You just pwn3d domenico! :p

Since we already bundle CD (although a forked v1.x, but I’ll update
it shortly), that could be a nice touch -- although CD does have an
issue with multi-monitor setups, since it always use the main screen.
So this should preferably be fixed first.

But I am a little unsure for what people want Growl notifications,
instead of TextMate. I understand that TM’s tool tips currently have
lower usability, but Growl to me seems like on screen displays for
notifying about background tasks -- where the tool tip output option
of TM is often used for instant feedback on the command executed,
like Validate Syntax, Show Scope, etc.