[TxMt] UI suggestion for tabbed file names

Andrew Vit andrew at dihedral.ca
Thu Mar 2 20:39:09 UTC 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 3:25, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Conditional disclosure of the numbers sounds like a good idea
> (better than having them permanently there) -- one problem is that
> you use command for a lot more than switching tabs (through
> numbers), so these numbers would show on a lot of keyboard actions,
> and are likely to be a bother for most users (because part of the
> interface blink/flashes when using the command modifier key).

A slight (half-second?) delay before showing the numbers might work
nicely. This way, quick key commands wouldn't cause a flash, and
slower multi-modifier (Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift) "chords" shouldn't make it
a distraction either since we're probably just looking at our hands
by that point anyway...

For those who don't like this behaviour, the preferences window still
has room for one more toggle!

--Andrew