[TxMt] Help with sort command

Indranil Mookherjee mithoo at mac.com
Thu Mar 2 15:46:38 UTC 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 7:04 AM, Domenico Carbotta wrote:

>> choose Sort from the menu choices under Text
>
> I assume you meant the "Sort lines" command from the Text bundle =)

Yes. Sorry.

>> I tried to run the Sort command through the Filter through command
>> and got the same result. Empty document.
>
> just to make sure sort didn't rot: open a terminal, then type
> 'which sort'. it should reply /usr/bin/sort (or even /sw/bin/sort
> if you have fink installed).
> now do 'sort', type in some random lines, then press ctrl+D on an
> empty line (that is, EOF). check for consistent output (it should
> print your random lines, er, sorted).
> if it doesn't work, something got messed up.

I got both of those results. The usr/bin/sort and then the random
lines sorted fine. But in TextMate it still burps.

I had installed a few bundles. I got rid of them. I started off a new
copy of the program. No effect. Or rather same result.

I dumped the preferences. Started the program again. Registered and
found the same result.

Thanks for the help.

Indro