[TxMt] Help with sort command

Domenico Carbotta domenico.carbotta at fastwebnet.it
Thu Mar 2 15:04:02 UTC 2006

> choose Sort from the menu choices under Text

I assume you meant the "Sort lines" command from the Text bundle =)

> I tried to run the Sort command through the Filter through command
> and got the same result. Empty document.

just to make sure sort didn't rot: open a terminal, then type 'which
sort'. it should reply /usr/bin/sort (or even /sw/bin/sort if you
have fink installed).
now do 'sort', type in some random lines, then press ctrl+D on an
empty line (that is, EOF). check for consistent output (it should
print your random lines, er, sorted).
if it doesn't work, something got messed up.

ciao,

D.