[TxMt] Extra indentation in Markdown mode

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Mar 1 14:15:34 UTC 2006

On 1/3/2006, at 8:21, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> I will agree with you that in markup.raw.block.markdown it perhaps
> should not get special treatment [...]

I added a Preferences item to the Markdown bundle which sets the
increase/decrease indent patterns as they are set in the Source
bundle, and scoped this to markup.raw.block.markdown -- so at least
in raw text in Markdown, C++ template arguments are not mistaken for
HTML tags.

Maybe though people who use the raw environment for HTML examples
will dislike the lack of smart indent -- but then, they can just
remove this new preferences item :)

>> Should Markdown be inheriting from HTML? My tendency is to say no.
>> Markdown is not a subset or superset of HTML; it is something
>> different. [...]

There are advantages of letting it inherit from HTML, and thanks to
the granular scope system, it’s generally not a problem to override
the default behavior given from the HTML inheritance.