[TxMt] Ruby "Run Script" and RubyCocoa

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 22 21:29:49 UTC 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 4:12 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>

>> On Jun 22, 2006, at 3:51 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>>> Hmm, that error is being thrown inside rubycocoa.  I wonder if it
>>> doesn't like my hack to $0/$PROGRAM_NAME.  If you comment out all
>>> the rubycocoa lines, including the require, the error goes away,
>>> right?
>>
>> Indeed it goes away. The mere presence of the require is enough to
>> generate the error.
>
> Doesn't RubyCocoa require a hacked version of Ruby?  I'm wondering
> if we are running the right binary.

Well, it runs fine from the command line, so it is compatible with my
version of Ruby, the one coming with 10.4 by default. I installed
RubyCocoa through the .dmg installer here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/rubycocoa/RubyCocoa-0.4.2-
tiger.dmg?download
as per the instructions on:
http://rubycocoa.sourceforge.net/doc/getting.en.html
Running:
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [powerpc-darwin8.0]

So I did not do any compiling at all. And it does run just fine from
the command line.

> James Edward Gray II

Haris