[TxMt] Re: GTD: preserve kind in done items? (plus thoughts)

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 01:51:49 UTC 2006

> I didn't know about F5 - cool!

it's nice discovering these little "open secrets". My favourite was
cntrl-S for search as you type

> I'll work on a way to parse tasks - alphabetical doesn't do it for
> me.  I think the order should be: TODO, CALL, EMAIL, BUY, WAIT,
> DONE.  How's that sound?

Yes. that would be excellent. Maybe override the base F5 sorter, have
it sort alphabetically, to get everything into blocks, then reorder
the blocks. Would be nice if (when you add date to done) they get
sorted by date. Probably easiest to stick date after done, and use
(YYMMDD HH:MM) date styles so alpha-numeric sort is also date-ordered.

PS: bb for "buy with where and max cost" sounds a nice shortcut.