[TxMt] Setting static variables on a per-document basis

Matthias Damm textmate at macpla.net
Mon Jul 31 13:57:11 UTC 2006

Hello everybody,

I am almost sure that this has been discusse on the list some time
ago, but I did not find anything right now.

For my Ph.D. dissertation, I am working with a LaTeX document which
is split up to many small files, one for each chapter.
I am using the TM_LATEX_MASTER variable which is set as a project
preference, and which points to the master document.

Now I would like to do the following: In order to print only a single
chapter of my dissertation I would like to use another central
document which ignores the TM_LATEX_MASTER variable. It should be
part of my project, however.

Is it possible to set the TM_LATEX_MASTER to a different value only
for this file?
TeXShop allows setting the main document by putting something like

	%!TEX root = ../main.tex

at the beginning of a document. Does something like this exist in TM
as well?

(I know that I could also use the includeonly command, but that does
not work too well, since I also would like to change some things in
the central document for this specific file.)

Thanks in advance,
best regards

Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41