[TxMt] "Show in R help" command (was Re: Command input as a shell variable)

Jonathan Clayden jon.clayden at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 18:22:58 UTC 2006

I've updated this command to make it a bit more robust, and to deal
with a couple of important cases. The first is aliasing, since R help
pages are grouped into sets of closely related functions. So now if
you run the script on ".C" you should get "Foreign", etc., like in the
R app. The second is non-local links: the script will now play nice
with http/ftp links in R help pages. I've assigned a key equivalent of
⌘⌥? -- I don't think this clashes with anything in the source.r
scope...

It's probably worth putting this in the R bundle at this stage
(someone with repos access...?). Please let me know if you have any
issues!

Cheers,
Jon