[TxMt] Prototype & Scriptaculus Bundle

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Sat Jul 22 12:02:06 UTC 2006

On 22.07.2006, at 11:08, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> That's a great fucking explanation. Thanks a bunch!
> I feel I owe some sort of tip here ... but I can't really .. oh,
> wait :)
> tip taken from http://www.dustindiaz.com/awkward-looking-javascript/
> Since javascript functions are mainly variables (sort of), you can
> have a function that calls itself on initalisation, like

And another one realizes that JS is a really nice little language,
see [JavaScript: The World's Most Misunderstood Programming Language]
[1].
And btw a ‘better’ explanation for `bind` is executing the function
in the Context of a different Object, see `apply` and `call` [Mozilla
Developer Center][2].

Soryu.

[1]: http://javascript.crockford.com/javascript.html
[2]: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/
Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference:Global_Objects:Function#Methods