[TxMt] Cannot get shell command to be executed in TM

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Jul 20 06:00:27 UTC 2006

On 20/7/2006, at 6:52, Eric O'Brien wrote:

> Yes, I do have such a file [...] However, it was empty [...] If the
> keybinding wasn't explicitly overridden, why did it not work?

Because a local key bindings file takes the place of the default one.
This behavior was chosen since there were (initially) users who
wanted to restore key bindings to their default value which couldn’t
be done simply by recreating the binding (e.g. dead keys.)

> (I was also hoping I might get back my control + escape keyboard
> shortcut too, but no luck.  It's still missing in action.)

Try quit TM and execute:

    defaults delete com.macromates.textmate
OakBundleItemsPopUpMenuKeyEquivalent

> For that matter, ⌥⌘` (option + command + backtick) which is
> supposed to "cycle between drawer and main window" only produces a
> beep for me.

It is only ` on a US keymap and it’s only available on Tiger.