[TxMt] Cannot get shell command to be executed in TM

Eric O'Brien ericob at possibilityengine.com
Wed Jul 19 06:07:26 UTC 2006

On Jul 18, 2006, at 8:35 PM, Michael Sheets wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2006, at 9:23 PM, Pak Man Simon Chan wrote:
>
>> When I type "date" in TM and pressed option + R which should
>> executes the command, but somehow TM poped up a little tip window
>> saying "Didn't Find Xcode Project File, You may want to set
>> TM_XCODE_PROJECT variable"
>>
>> I have not done any TM setup or setting, just dragged TM.app to
>> applications folder.
>
> Option-r shouldn't give you the XCode command, don't know why it does.

I tired this on an unsaved (therefore Plain Text) document.

For me, yes, command + r gives a tooltip message with references to
Xcode something or other.

> But execute line is control-r, try that.

For me, control + r from the keyboard does nothing at all;

control + shift + r pops up a window named "Run Rake Task" that
contains "Rake not found. Please set TM_RAKE."  So it's not ^R then,
right?

However!  Selecting the menu command "Text > Insert Line Inserting
Result" (which reads "^R") does just that.  That is, the line
contains "date" and selecting the menu command results in "Tue Jul 18
22:57:47 PDT 2006" being inserted in the document.

So, is this command supposed to be invoked by ^r or ^R and if it is
^R (control + shift + r) why does that evoke the Rake window?

eo