[TxMt] World writable dirs (was: LatexLabelCompletions.rb "world writable dir" error)

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 19 02:50:05 UTC 2006

On Jul 18, 2006, at 9:39 PM, Andreas Duus Pape wrote:
> Hello.  When I'm doing LaTeX and use \cite or \ref and Option-esc,
> I get the dialogue with all the right choices.  But when I select
> one, the following is inserted into my document:
>
> (\ref{/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/
> bin/	:11: warning: Insecure world writable dir /Users/apape/bin,
> mode 040777
> lem:twocausalmodels})

This sounds like a general problem with your permissions, you should
be having similar problems with other commands I would expect. The
problem is with the permissions on the directory /Users/apape/bin.
Who is the owner of that directory? open a terminal, and run the
command:

ls -la ~ |grep bin

What do you get? I get:
drwxr-xr-x    5 haris  haris    170 Jul 11 20:49 bin

> How can I suppress/cure the error message?  Thanks!
>
> 				--duus

Haris