[TxMt] Tag completion doesn't outdent anymore?

Matthew Smith-Stubbs msmithstubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 00:05:20 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I've noticed that when editing using the HTML bundle the Insert
Closing Tag command (Opt+Cmd+.) inserts a closing tag but doesn't
seem to match the indentation of the opening tag.

For example (all tabs are inserted by Textmate automatically):

<ul>
{1 tab}<li>
{2 tab}Lorem ipsum [now press Opt+Cmd+.]
{2 tab}</li> [now press Opt+Cmd+. again]
{2 tab}</ul>

In the above I think it should (or at least I would like) the final
closing li tag to be set 1 tab in, to match the opening li tag, and
the final closing ul to be set with no indent, to match the opening
tag. I think it used to maintain the indent structure, but this might
just be wishful thinking on my part.

Can the bundle be modified to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew