[TxMt] 'Open Terminal' breaks opening .term files

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jul 18 06:15:09 UTC 2006

On 17/7/2006, at 21:02, Michael Reece wrote:

> i keep a folder of saved terminals (*.term files) which i use to
> open color-coded terminals (blue.term, red.term, green.term, etc).
>
> after using the CTRL-SHIFT-o from textmate to open a terminal at
> the current files directory, double-clicking my .term files in
> finder no longer opens a terminal, until i close all terminals and
> re-open Terminal.app, then the *.term files work again until i next
> CTRL-SHIFT-o from textmate.

I don’t think the problem is with TextMate. The Open Terminal
(⌃⇧O) just asks Terminal for a new window and instructs it to CD
to the directory of the current document.

There have been two cases in the past where this caused the users
Terminal preferences to somehow record that in the future Terminal
should CD to that folder as part of its startup (or similar.) Though
I haven’t been able to reproduce it, and TextMate doesn’t do
anything special in the Open Terminal command (you can have a look at
the code in the bundle editor.)