[TxMt] Subversion bundle; commiting from status window, text size

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Tue Jul 18 02:16:40 UTC 2006

On Jul 16, 2006, at 8:43 AM, thomas Aylott wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2006, at 8:13 AM, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:
>
>> when I commit directly from the status window there are two visual
>> glitches (IMHO):
>>
>> 1. You can see two M's here, but nowhere a visual explanation what
>> changed? Is there an easy and aesthetic way to add some feedback
>> on this? (I know, one could just look up the def in the svn
>> manuals… ;))

Hover the mouse over the letters (individually) to see what they mean
in English.

> I currently have no plans to fiddle with that part. But it'd be
> really nice to have on occasion.

Well, it's by design that the standard Subversion status letter codes
are exposed. They pack a lot of information into a small space. An
English translation of a Subversion status string could be, probably
worst case, something like: File Copied, Properties Modified, Locked
but Lock Stolen, Out of Date.

That said, it would be nice not to have to refer to the help to
understand the more complicated strings, and I intend to some kind of
human-readable status. I have some Subversion status string-to-
English Objective-C code; I intend to transliterate this to Ruby at
some point so we can use it here. (Meanwhile, go to the command line
and type 'svn help status'. Or hover your mouse as instructed above.)

Chris