[TxMt] Velocity (VTL) bundle: heads-up and feature request

Tom Armitage tom.armitage at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 10:37:06 UTC 2006

Hmn. Good point - I'm really not used to Velocity at all; I'm a Rails
and PHP developer at heart. New job meant a move to Java, and we use
Velocity to template sites.

To be specific, my current bundle is called HTML(Velocity). The best
example perhaps for doing what you suggest is the HTML(Rails) bundle:
it essentially describes the Rails template delineators, and then says
"when you're in scope html.text.rails, inherit all your highlighting
from the ruby bundle".

So it'd definitely be possible.

Right now, my main use case is HTML(Velocity), so I'm going to stick
to that, and then see if it can be abstracted out. Velocity seem to be
really rather limited in functionality, so it's more a case of getting
the scoping and highlighting right, rather than coping with endless
method names. And no, I have no plans to autocomplete methods on
objects (yet).

Advice from other bundle developers would definitely be welcome,
incidentally; I've never really done this before, but it doesn't
appear to be so hard...

t.