[TxMt] Velocity (VTL) bundle: heads-up and feature request

Tom Armitage tom.armitage at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 09:44:09 UTC 2006

So: I notice that there isn't a Velocity (VTL) bundle available, and
it's listed as something people are interested in. I also can't see
one in the Subversion repository.

As a result: I'm interested in one, and I'm working on one. So far
(after 1-2 hours work) it covers syntax highlighting for keywords in
Velocity lines, as well as single-line comments; there's also some
basic snippets for commonly used methods (set, cparse, parse, if,
foreach). It also inherits all the HTML highlighting/functionality,
obviously.

If anyone else is interested in this bundle, I'd be very grateful for
feature requests and suggestions on what syntax highlighting should
cover. I'd also be interested to know what it *shouldn't* do.

At some point I'll see if I can get an SVN login and put it into the repository.

Anyhow, thought this might be of some interest.

t.