[TxMt] Full screen SIMBL bundle

Jonathan Ragan-Kelley katokop1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 03:41:47 UTC 2006

I was actually just playing with the new version of Megazoomer amid
some SIMBL hacking I'm doing, myself, and discovered just how well
this works with TextMate, so I dropped by to see if anyone had
suggested it as a solution for the oft-desired full-screen-mode, and
lo, here is this thread on the same day...

This certainly does raise my interest in the next-gen UI, with
multi-pane editors and a more Mail.app-style replacement for the
project drawer, etc. -- this mode will be *fantastic* when split-panes
come to pass.

In the meanwhile, however, it's interesting to note that Megazooming
just one window in a given app, you can still keep the menu bar hidden
while navigating to other windows within the app, so you can e.g.
create a blank "background" window, megazoom it, and then cmd-~ and
scale your other windows up to reclaim the 20px of title bar space,
have the totally blank background, etc.

I'm getting really tempted to hack Megazoomer to let you zoom multiple
windows side-by-side into halves or thirds of the screen-width.  After
that, all we need is to support windows from multiple apps at once,
and perhaps make the root magazoomed frame into a single split-view
and bam! New micro-window-manager ;)
-jrk