[TxMt] The Latest Problems with the GTDAlt bundle

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sat Jul 1 13:35:04 UTC 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 1:50 AM, Stefan Brantschen wrote:
> Haris -
>
>> You need to check out through svn the global support directory.
>> Follow the instructions for checking out bundles, but with this
>> path instead: http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support
>
> Hmm. I am a bit confused now: isn't the your bundle at
>
>   <http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/GTDAlt.tmbundle>?

Indeed it is, but it uses some libraries for creating its dialogs and
such. These libraries typically live in the global support directory,
under the subdirectory lib. Typically, these don't get updated very
often, so usually the version of the support directory that is built
into textmate has all the necessary commands, and the variable
TM_SUPPORT_PATH points to that. In our case, these libraries were
added 3 days or so ago, and there hasn't been a textmate release
since, hence this built in support directory is out of date. That's
why you need to check out this directory too. Theoretically you could
remove this directory once a new textmate version is out, though in
general I would advice keeping it around and updating. It is more up-
to-date than the built in one, and if you are already checking out
bundles, it's not that hard to manage one more directory.

> - Stefan

Haris