[TxMt] Re: Re: save file AFTER command has been run?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jan 31 17:03:24 UTC 2006

On 30/1/2006, at 21:45, Jim Bagrow wrote:

> Oh course, it's ugly to have two commands and a macro sitting
> around in a bundle, when there really should be only one.

You can however remove the commands after having recorded the macro
as they are deep-copied into the macro.

An alternative command might be using something like: cat
 >"$TM_FILENAME" (with input set to the entire document), but this
isn't ideal as you'd then have to handle the case where the file is
unsaved (and thus have no name).

> Anyone else think it might be useful to have a ''save after'' check
> box or something in the command window?

I plan to expand the activation method of a command to mouse gestures
(like double click, right click for context menu etc.), drop actions
(like dropping of files, URLs, colors etc.), various events (like
before/after save), and similar — this however will likely cause a
larger change in how the activation method is specified (I do have
several things that needs to be changed with the current bundle
editing system, so it's a “major” change, not a simple addition of a
check box)…