[TxMt] Feature Req: "Save a Copy as" in File Menu

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Jan 30 21:37:12 UTC 2006

On 28/1/2006, at 22:18, Kai Vermehr wrote:

> it would be great to have the choice to save a copy of the current
> document. This way, I could make an easy backup while continuing to
> work on the original.
>
> Or is there an alternative solution?

While it might be good to have as a native feature (as it's sort of
“standard”) what you can do for now is create a new command.

For that command set the input to “Entire Document” and let the
command e.g. be:

    cat >"$(date +%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S)_${TM_FILENAME:-untitled}"

That will then write the entire document into a file named as the
current, but putting current date and time as prefix. So should be
useful for quickly making a backup of current file.