[TxMt] Question to LaTeX bundle users

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Mon Jan 30 15:08:58 UTC 2006

On 30.01.2006, at 15:46, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Oliver Hagmann wrote:
>

>> On 27.01.2006, at 08:51, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>>
>> Since one of the latest revisions (I'm currently on rev2629), the
>> Bibliography command stopped working for me. When I type option-
>> esc the current word gets highlighted but nothing else happens. no
>> popup appearing.
>>
> Hm, it should work at this point. Ok, do the following please:
> First, make sure you have updated both the Latex bundle and the
> global support directory in Application Support/TextMate/Support.

done. i'm on rev2630 now.

> Then open the bundle editor and change the text of the bibliography
> completion command to say "exit" wherever it currently says
> "exit_discard". This will print for us some errors we could do
> something with. Run the command again and let me know what those
> errors are.

here's what I get:

\footcite[]{/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:125:in `+': cannot convert nil into String (TypeError)
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:125
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:117:in `parsefile'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:117
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:116:in `recursiveFileSearch'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:76:in `open'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:76:in `recursiveFileSearch'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:70:in `each'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:70:in `recursiveFileSearch'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:68:in `each'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:68:in `recursiveFileSearch'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:62:in `each'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:62:in `recursiveFileSearch'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:61:in `open'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:61:in `recursiveFileSearch'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
LatexCitekeys.rb:116
}

> Also, tell me the structure of your file directory, and where the
> bibliography file you are trying to access is on your computer, and
> why do you expect the program to find it (is it a \bibliography
> entry in the current file, or in TM_LATEX_MASTER, is it pointed to
> by TM_LATEX_BIB?)

The .tex file is in ~/Documents/SomeDirectories/.../file.tex

My bibliography file is in /Users/oliver/Documents/
bibliographie.bib . I have TM_LATEX_BIB to this path as a shell
variable under my preferences since I use the same .bib file for all
my LaTeX documents. Additionally, in the tex file, I have:

\bibliography{/Users/oliver/Documents/bibliographie}

I haven't set any TM_LATEX_MASTER.

> Also please send the output produced if from the command line you run:
> kpsewhich -show-path=bib

.:/Users/oliver/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib//:!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.local/bibtex/bib//:!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/bibtex/
bib//:!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/bibtex/bib//:!!/usr/local/
teTeX/share/texmf/bibtex/bib//:/Users/oliver/Library/texmf/
bibtex///:!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/bibtex///:!!/usr/local/
teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/bibtex///:!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.tetex/bibtex///:!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/bibtex///

I hope it helps.
Thanks. Oliver