[TxMt] adding to or modifying the symbol list for LaTeX?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 25 20:05:56 UTC 2006

On Jan 25, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Matthias Damm wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> I hope this helps. Let me know if you are still having problems
>> with it.
>>

> I have a similar question:
>
> TeXShop has an analog method to display the structure of the
> document, but there also lines beginning with "%:" are displayed.
> This is great to add some custom comments to the structure.
>
> Is it possible to get this behavior in TextMate as well?

Yes, though the best way to accomplish this would be through
TmCodeBrowser (http://www.cocoabits.com/TmCodeBrowser/) and ctags, so
as not to disturb the bundle syntax. This is extremely easy to
customize, effectively it allows you to pick any part of the text
matching a regular expression, process it in sed style and then get
the output to show up in the Code Browser's window. I don't know how
familiar you are with regular expressions and/or ctags. I did not
know the first thing about ctags before playing with TmCodeBrowser,
but I found it relatively easy. Take a look at it and if you have
problems we can talk about them.

> Thanks in advance,
> best
> Matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Damm
> mad at macpla.net
> PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
> PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41

Haris