[TxMt] cocoApell really slows down TextMate

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Jan 24 19:04:37 UTC 2006

On Jan 24, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Sune Foldager wrote:

> On 24/01/2006, at 15:40, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> I have disabled cocoAspell and enabled the built-in Mac OS X spell
>> checker to check spelling as I type and I am not seeing the
>> slowdown you describe for long lines. I have soft-wrapped
>> paragraphs that are 20+ lines long and I can type very quickly
>> within them.
>
> Just retested. 10 lines of the word 'this' and there is no
> slowdown. 10 lines of lorem ipsum etc. or other miss-spelled words,
> and it's at least a second(sic) per character typed. This happened
> a few times for me with danish text, since there is no spell
> checker for it shipping.

I just took a very short LaTeX document and pasted in Lorem ipsum
twice from the Text bundle. When I start typing in the middle of that
text, it becomes painfully slow, and as I said before, I have
cocoAspell disabled and am only using the built-in checker. I just
tried the same thing in TeXShop and I am not seeing the same slow-down.

-- Gary