[TxMt] Setting command results .

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Tue Jan 24 14:53:33 UTC 2006

> Likely mtasc writes the output to stderr instead of stdout. You can
> redirect stderr to stdout using 2>&1, so the command would be:
>
>    complieResult=$( mtasc 2>&1 -cp "$TM_MX_CLASSES" … )

Worked a treat!

> [... from Ben's email ... ] This should get you the error output
> nicely formatted for HTML:
>
> mtasc -cp "$TM_MX_CLASSES" -cp [....]

It did! and after wrestling with it for a while I now have a nice
clean list of Warnings and Errors to click on.

Which lead me to try to use the TextMate.system( 'cmd', null) to
automatically run a python script which cleans unused imports out of
classes, but cannot get the following to fire:

echo "<a href=\"javascript:TextMate.system( '$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/Tools/
test.sh', null );\">test</a>"

My assumption is that $TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT doesn't get escaped properly
(Application Support being the culprit) in the name but haven't been
successful in any solutions I've tried. Is there an easy way to do this?

One thing to  note - running the javascript above without null as the
second param crashes TM.

Cheers,
Simon