[TxMt] cocoApell really slows down TextMate

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Tue Jan 24 12:05:09 UTC 2006

On 24/01/2006, at 6:00, Gary L. Gray wrote:

>> TextMate is smart enough to not underline your keywords and
>> commands, so just use the system spell checker if your language is
>> supported.
> Aha! That is good news. :-)

Well maybe, cause I use the built in spell checker too, and it pretty
much makes it useles in LaTeX. Try this: Write a long line spreading
across say 10 lines in softwrap and enable spell checker. Then try to
add something to the line etc. This littereally takes _seconds_ on my
machine. I don't know if it matters how many words are miss-spelled,
but that's likely to make it even slower I suppose (for that, use the
lorem snippet to generate the text).

That said, it's not really a problem when used in the languages where
the checker is only applied to limited portions.

-- Sune.