[TxMt] How to disable column-selection or it's binding to the Option key

Simon Dorfman emaillists at simondorfman.com
Sun Jan 22 06:14:20 UTC 2006

On 1/21/06 1:21 PM, "Ahmad Baitalmal" <ahmad at baitalmal.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a way to pervent TextMate from using the Option key
> to toggle the selection type?
>
> It's conflicting with another key binding I have for the Option
> key :(
> This is a deal breaker for me and TextMate is the best editor
> I have seen on OSX so far.

There might be a way with System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard
Shortcuts.

Or maybe using the command line defaults tool would work.  I seem to
remember using that to stop Command-Q from quitting in Safari (I'd sometimes
accidentally hit q instead of w).  I think I got that tip on macosxhints...
Yeah, here it is:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2003050112482698

defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSUserKeyEquivalents
   '{"Quit Safari" = "@Q"; "Quit Mail" = "@Q";}'

Try:
man defaults
...if you have trouble.