[TxMt] TM freezes completely on search&replace in 6K-lines XML-File!

Domenico Carbotta domenico.carbotta at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jan 17 01:56:52 UTC 2006

abt. 60% of the time is spent into oniguruma::find()… so I guess we
both know which component is to blame. I was expecting that somehow
TM's bad handling of long lines would get the blame, looks like I was
wrong (time for a change :)

here are the results of my shark session -- it is the time profile of
TM trying to replace \n with an underscore. (shark is included with
the CHUD tools, available via ADC or on your xcode cd/dvd/whatever)

ciao,

domenico