[TxMt] Copy Condensed SQL to clipboard bug : removing newlines from string literals

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:41:19 UTC 2006

yes, it basically only handles semi-colon terminated SQL where
whitespace doesn't matter.  If command+C doesn't work for your kind of
SQL then you or someone will need to add escape sequence translations
to the TextMate command.  I don't know if the escape sequences are
going to change from shell to shell; I haven't tried it in a psql or
mysql shell to see what works as a new line escape sequence.

I originally added this command because the psql shell seems to screw
up copied/pasted SQL commands when they are on multiple lines.  This
could be a problem with my local terminal, I don't know exactly.  I
work a lot on remote servers---using the local psql shell---to run
huge queries and this command makes it a little easier to grab a query
from TM and run it.  It also keeps shell history in tact which is nice
for re-running queries.