[TxMt] Web Preview Refresh -> CSS Edit

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 11 19:01:05 UTC 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Eric Curtis wrote:

> As much as I love textmate the one area were it has continuously
> fell short for me is in the web preview pane. I want it to keep the
> file up that I last used when I go to a css file and display the
> changes however it will does not work this way.
>
> I found that I needed to check some css syntax today so I fired up
> my second favorite editor CSS Edit and once again found the exact
> solution I which textmate would introduce.
>
> Is there anyway I could make a key command that would fire off a
> message to CSS Edit to update it preview, similar to how I can make
> Safari refresh? (CSS Edit has command-R assigned to refresh it's
> preview)

It's all a question of whether CSS Edit has made this method
available through its Applescript dictionary. If you open the "Script
Editor", which in my case resides in "Applications/AppleScript", then
you can select "Open Dictionary..." From the file menu and search for
the dictionary for CSS Edit. You might be lucky and find the refresh
functionality there. Then you can modify the "Refresh browsers"
function to do what you want.

If CSS Edit does not support AppleScript, I don't know if there is
another way.
> Thanks,
>
> Eric C

Haris