[TxMt] Reformat paragraph and the LaTeX mode

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 10 21:16:24 UTC 2006

On Jan 10, 2006, at 11:12 AM, Eric Hsu wrote:

> ps. The LaTeX bundle has changed a lot (in cool ways) since I last
> worked on it. However, I don't get why there is no built-in way to
> wrap text in \[ \] or \( \), since this is by far the most

It is probably partly because I never use those two, I use dollar
signs instead :). I also tend to do my math by first entering math
environment, and not by wrapping the text later. That's my only
complain about TextMate at this point, that I can't have smart pairs
consisting of more than one characters, so to try and enter math
environment immediately is a slight pain. (Yes of course I can write
a snippet to do it, but it can't be (yet) set to trigger on \[ and
the like.

> common move I make.  Does anyone have objections to me adding such
> commands? If so, what is the recommended way of doing this with the
> existing bundle?

By all means please do add them. What shortcuts did you have in mind?

Haris