[TxMt] Textmate/TeXShop-Interaction

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 10 21:08:28 UTC 2006

On Jan 10, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Matthias Damm wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Let me ask one question about using it for LaTeX however:
>
> I would prefer to keep TeXShop to control the LaTeX processing
> rather than Textmate's own processing since I have some .engine
> file (i.e. scripts that are started form within TeXShop) I would
> like to keep to perform some specific tasks.

These .engine files seem to me to be just regular scripts, so you
could directly create commands in TM to call those scripts, or am I
missing something? Why do you need TeXShop for the scripts? My
suggestion would be to get TextMate to do the script work that
TeXShop would be doing, and avoid calling TeXShop at all. Can you be
more specific about this .engine file, and what it does, or more
specifically what are the things that TextMate can't do for you?

> Thanks in advance,
> best
>
> Matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Damm
> mad at macpla.net
> PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
> PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41

Haris