[TxMt] Edit remote file via SSH

Denis Defreyne amonre at amonre.org
Tue Jan 10 08:45:53 UTC 2006

On 10 Jan 2006, at 08:39, Simon Dorfman wrote:

> Here's what I'd like to do:
> On my webserver, I'll edit my .bash_profile to include and alias
> for 'mate'
> to a shell script.  The shell script will do the following:
> 1. secure copy the argument file to my local tmp folder
> 2. open the the local tmp file with 'mate -w'
> 3. once I finish editing the file in TextMate and close it, secure
> copy the
> new file to replace the file on the webserver

The blog entry at <http://chucker.mystfans.com/2004/11/23/remotely-
using-see-subethaedit-cli-through-ssh.entry> describes how to use
SubEthaEdit's commandline 'see' tool to do something very similar. It
shouldn't be easy to adapt this to TextMate's 'mate' tool. (I haven't
tried yet... YMMV.)

Regards,

Denis Defreyne

mail: amonre at amonre.org