[TxMt] Edit remote file via SSH

Simon Dorfman emaillists at simondorfman.com
Tue Jan 10 07:39:35 UTC 2006

Here's what I'd like to do:
On my webserver, I'll edit my .bash_profile to include and alias for 'mate'
to a shell script.  The shell script will do the following:
1. secure copy the argument file to my local tmp folder
2. open the the local tmp file with 'mate -w'
3. once I finish editing the file in TextMate and close it, secure copy the
new file to replace the file on the webserver

The problem is, I don't know anything about shell scripting.  :-)
But I'm wondering if anyone else already has something like that or would be
willing to help write one.

Any other ideas for accomplishing the same goal (edit remote files with
TextMate) are also welcome.

Thanks,
Simon

P.S.-I saw the copy to tmp folder idea in this useful view safari source
applescript:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2005-September/005727.html