[TxMt] Bug in ruby bundle

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 9 15:00:12 UTC 2006

On Jan 9, 2006, at 8:52 AM, Sune Foldager wrote:

> On 09/01/2006, at 15:34, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
> Again, please compare the few cases where you need # without { to
> the MANY where you need them together.

I do agree that this is the main use of #, that's why I'm only 70%
behind the idea of changing the behavior. But I would at least expect
that pressing backspace after you've pressed # would remove both
braces, not just the left one. It would be great if we can arrange
for that. As it stands, it does not behave consistently with smart-
typing.

On a slightly related subject, I do find it a bit irritating that it
is much easier to add smart pairs around some text than it is to
remove them. It would be nice if there was a command that looks at
the characters at either side of the cursor/selection, and if they
match then it removes them. This could help in this case also. I am
not used to forward deleting, so the extra } is a real pain for me.
> -- Sune.

Haris