[TxMt] Bug in ruby bundle

Frederik De Bleser frederik at pandora.be
Mon Jan 9 14:26:24 UTC 2006

On 09 Jan 2006, at 14:53, Sune Foldager wrote:

> On 09/01/2006, at 14:48, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>> Is the bug really a big issue? It only gets triggered when } would
>> be the last character in the file, but since it is only triggered
>> inside strings, } will almost always be followed by, at the very
>> least, an ". So though it is theoretically troublesome, I am not
>> sure it affects things practically.
>
> I must confess that I never encountered it before either. It would
> seem _almost_ a pathological case to trigger it.

Actually, I encountered the bug with a real example in the Poignant
guide. Here it is, from (http://www.poignantguide.net/ruby/
chapter-6.html):

  class DwemthysArray < Array
    alias _inspect inspect
    def inspect; "#<#{ self.class }#{ _inspect }>"; end

The last line triggers the bug, which messes up all the code in the
file I already wrote. The results looks downright scary when the bug
shows up, so I personally think this must be fixed.

And I personally like the fact that TextMate automatically writes {}
when I type # in strings.

Frederik