[TxMt] Slow bundle commands

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Mon Jan 9 14:22:11 UTC 2006

> The way bash invoked means that (unless you changed something) it
> will emulate a login-shell and thus source the global profile
> followed by the first of .bash_profile, .bash_login or .profile in
> your homedir.
>
> The duplicate line command consists of 'echo' and some bash
> variable substitutions.

I had an issue once where I had some auto-complete things setup for
bash that took a long time to load, slowed down all my commands.
Allan helped me set it up so it only activated when a interactive
shell was used. I'd tell you how he did it but it was on my old
computer, not sure I still have the file.