[TxMt] Bug in ruby bundle

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Mon Jan 9 03:27:11 UTC 2006

On Jan 8, 2006, at 5:58 PM, Sune Foldager wrote:

> Well maybe, but in the meantime you two can change your local
> settings, why not? :-p. I've been forced to do so on other
> occations with LaTeX which default setup I very much dislike.

The problem with doing that is I always have to make sure I don't
accidentally commit it when I do other changes.

On Jan 8, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Sune Foldager wrote:
> Also, TextMate is about typing less, isn't it? I bet over 95% of
> the time, when you put # in a double-quoted string in Ruby, you
> mean to do an interpolation, in which case you always need a { }
> pair. And having it a snippet even means you can press your choice
> of tab or } to get out... ok, maybe that's the weaker of my points,
> but again on my keymap.. :-).
>
> Once I got used to it (and well, I did create this # macro), I luuv
> having it.

You're probably right about the frequency of #{} vs just #, but I
still can't get used to it. I always end up with #{{}} whenever I try
to put in #{} and it really interrupts my flow as I have to stop what
I'm doing and fix it

Here's a suggestion that will at least fix the } bug - remove the #
snippet and } macro, and create a new macro that simply inserts #
{ and give it the same scope as the old # snippet. Now if you have
smart typing turned on it will insert #{} with the cursor between it,
and typing } will skip past the close, exactly as if you'd typed #
{ with no macro at all. Of course, with smart typing off it will
simply insert #{ which is kind of odd.

Of course, I'm still for removing it entirely.

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org
http://www.tildesoft.com